Southwestern Turkey Club
9/14/2014, 6:30 p.m.
- 8 slices bacon (8 ounces)
- 4 turkey cutlets
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno chiles
- 12 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Working in two batches if necessary, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons rendered fat from skillet.
- Season turkey generously with salt and pepper. Add to skillet, and cook over medium heat until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado, lime juice, and chiles with a fork; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado mixture on one side of each slice of toast. Layer turkey, bacon, tomato, and toast to form four triple-decker sandwiches. To serve, skewer with toothpicks; slice in half with a serrated knife.