CHICKEN CAESAR PASTA SALAD
SERVINGS: 6 / TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
• 3/4 pound boneless skinless thin-sliced chicken breast
• 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
• 1 lemon
• 1 pound fusili or rotini pasta cooked according to package directions and immediately rinsed with cold water
• 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups croutons
• Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook thin sliced chicken for about 3 or 4 minutes per side, seasoning with garlic pepper as it cooks. When chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in center, remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board. Chop chicken into small bite-size pieces, squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the top and toss to combine. Allow to cool while assembling the salad.
• In a large mixing bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, romaine, tomatoes, green onion, and basil. Add Caesar salad dressing and toss to combine. Add cooked, chopped chicken (which should be slightly cool by now), plenty of fresh ground black pepper, and the croutons. Toss again, sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and serve.