FROZEN MOCHA OREO BARS
Cool Down Desserts
7/11/2019, 6 a.m.
FROZEN MOCHA OREO BARS Yield: 18 BARS / total time: 35 mins
• 5 cups crushed Oreos (about 4 sleeves)
• 8 Tablespoons butter
• 4 cups whipping cream
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
• 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
• 3 Tablespoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
• 1/4 cup chocolate sauce, plus more for the top
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• In a mixing bowl, stir together the Oreos and butter. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, reserving one cup for the top. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Set aside.
• In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream on medium high to high speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a clean bowl and set aside.
• Add the softened cream cheese to the mixer and beat until smooth. Add the condensed milk, espresso and water mixture, chocolate sauce, and vanilla to the bowl and beat until smooth and well combined. Gently stir or beat in the whipped cream. Note: I have a 4.5 quart mixer bowl, and this was VERY full, so you really will have to do it gently to avoid a splatter mess!
• Spread the whipped cream mixture over the Oreo crust. Top with remaining crumbs. Cover and freeze.