Will County winter clothing drive
11/26/2019, 10:06 p.m.
To help ensure residents in Will County are warm during the cold winter months, State Senator Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant (D-Shorewood) is launching a winter clothing drive.
From Nov. 25 to Dec. 13, local and state elected officials are working together to help boost supplies at organizations throughout the region that benefit Will County residents.
“As temperatures continue to drop this winter season, our neighbors, veterans and children will need the proper gear to stay warm,” Bertino-Tarrant said. “I’m spearheading this warm clothing drive to help ensure no one goes cold during these winter months. If you have coats, gloves, hats or sweatshirts laying around the house, please consider donating them.”
Organizations are in the need of all sizes of gently used or new winter gear including coats, socks, sweatshirts, scarves, gloves and more.
The winter months are a terrible struggle for low-income families, seniors, veterans and the homeless.
“Seniors, children and veterans in our own communities may struggle to afford the proper winter gear to survive the season,” Bertino-Tarrant said. “For you it may be a simple gesture, but to our neighbors who need an extra helping hand, it may mean the world.”
Bertino-Tarrant urges residents to stop by any of the following locations to drop off donations:
• State Senator Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant’s Office (15300 Rt. 59, Unit 202, Plainfield)
• State Senator John Curran’s Office (7501 Lemont Rd., Suite 315G, Woodridge)
• State Senator Napoleon Harris’ Office (1350 E. Sibley Blvd., Suite 403, Dolton)
• State Senator Michael E. Hastings’ Office (20855 S. LaGrange Rd., Suite 102, Frankfort)
• State Senator Patrick Joyce’s Office (270 Main St., Park Forest)
• State Senator Pat McGuire’s Office (16151 Weber Rd., Suite 103, Crest Hill)
• State Senator Sue Rezin’s Office (1421 N. Division St., Morris)
• Plainfield Village Hall (24401 W. Lockport St., Plainfield)
• Channahon Village Hall (24555 S. Navajo Dr., Channahon)
• Romeoville Village Hall (1050 Romeo Rd., Romeoville)
• Crest Hill City Hall (1610 Plainfield Rd., Crest Hill)
• Mokena Village Hall (11004 Carpenter St., Mokena)
• Wilmington City Hall (1165 S. Water St., Wilmington)
• Rockdale Village Hall (79 Moen Ave., Rockdale)
• Lockport City Hall (222 E. 9th St., Lockport)
• Manhattan Village Hall (260 Market Pl., Manhattan)
• Joliet City Hall (150 W. Jefferson St., Joliet)
The winter clothing drive will benefit the Will County Veterans’ Assistance Commission and other organizations in the region.
For more information, please contact Bertino-Tarrant’s office at (815) 254-4211 or visit www.SenatorBertinoTarrant.com.