Caprese Chicken with Bacon
LOW-CARB SUMMER DISHES
6/25/2020, 6 a.m.
Caprese Chicken with Bacon Servings: 4 / Total Time: 40 mins
• 8 bacon strips
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
• 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
• 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
• Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
• Place chicken in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil. Wrap each in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross.
• Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; bake 1 minute longer or until melted.
Caprese Chicken with Bacon Recipe photo by Taste of Home