Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Inspired Grilled Dishes
5/28/2020, 6 a.m.
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks Servings: 4 / Total Time: 25 mins
• 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
• 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• Chopped fresh basil or parsley
• Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
• Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
• Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil.
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks Recipe photo by Taste of Home