Apple Cornbread Crisp
Easy Fall Desserts
10/15/2020, 6 a.m.
Apple Cornbread Crisp Servings: 6 / Total Time: 40 mins
• 4 cups peeled sliced tart apples (about 4-5 medium)
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
• 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
• 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
• 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
• Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together apples and 1/4 cup brown sugar. In another bowl, combine cornbread mix, oats, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly.
• Add 1/2 cup cornbread mixture to apples. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cornbread mixture over top. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Serve warm.
Apple Cornbread Crisp Recipe photo by Taste of Home