Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Easy Fall Desserts
10/15/2020, 6 a.m.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Makes: about 2 dozen / Total Time: 35 mins
• 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
• 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
• 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 3 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
• Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, oats and pie spice. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
• Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake until edges are golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
• For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, orange zest and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
• Spread over cooled cookies.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe photo by Taste of Home