Rustic Summer Vegetable Pasta
Summer Squash Recipes
9/10/2020, 6 a.m.
Rustic Summer Vegetable Pasta Servings: 8 / Total Time: 40 mins
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
• 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
• 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) uncooked multigrain spaghetti
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
• In same pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, eggplant and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir in oregano, parsley and half of the basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; add spaghetti and squash to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with remaining oil; toss to combine. Top with cheese and remaining basil.
Rustic Summer Vegetable Pasta Recipe photo by Taste of Home