Halloween Pumpkin Bars
Makes: 35 bars / Total Time: 50 mins
Halloween Pumpkin Bars Makes: 35 bars / Total Time: 50 mins
• 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 cup canola oil
• 4 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
• Yellow and red food coloring
• 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
• Candy corn and additional milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Tint frosting orange with yellow and red food coloring. Frost bars; cut into 35 squares.
In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Decorate as desired.
Halloween Pumpkin Bars Recipe photo by Taste of Home