Apple-Topped Ham Steak
Servings: 8 / Total Time: 30 mins
Apple-Topped Ham Steak Servings: 8 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 4 fully cooked boneless ham steaks (8 ounces each)
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 3 cups apple juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 medium green apples, thinly sliced
• 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 cup cold water
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ham steaks in batches over medium heat; remove and keep warm.
• In same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in apple juice and mustard; bring to a boil. Add apples. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until apples are tender.
• Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sage and pepper. Return steaks to skillet; heat through.
Apple-Topped Ham Steak Recipe photo by Taste of Home