Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti Squash
Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti Squash Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1 medium spaghetti squash
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for topping
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 jar (14 ounces) pasta sauce
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
• Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with parsley, oregano and basil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Stir in pasta sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
• Separate strands of squash with a fork. Serve with chicken and sauce. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti Squash Recipe photo by Taste of Home